- Surviving era of profit warnings and price losses
- Powered to fail: The paradox of big projects, excess power and high power costs
- Four Digital Trends Changing the Banking Industry
- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
The idea that a loss or gain isn't considered "realised" until both sides of the transaction are complete is an often repeated myth in investment circles. But is this the right way to look at things?
Common Market Myths: If Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), or Domestic Institutional Investors (DIIs) are Buying, Then the Stock Must be Very good. These type of investing entities are often referred to as "smart money" and are estimated to account for as much a huge chunk of all trading activity
Common Market Myths: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
Common Market Myths: Buy the Stock That Splits
Common Market Myths: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
Common Market Myths: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street. In this article, I explain this maxim to see whether it is of any use to the average investor.
In this article, I analyse Centum's fundamentals to illustrate the reasons why I believe in the company is undervalued and has a solid business model.
In this article I use the Dividend Discount Model for different valuation scenarios for Bamburi Cement. I use 2%, 4% and 8% growth rates in DPS and 10%, 12.5% and 15% in EPS to illustrate price targets under these scenarios. I also use a 10.68% rate (current 364 Treasury bill rate) to discount future projected earnings and dividends back to the present date.
In this article Rufus Mwanyasi explains the risks of buying and holding securities and how this strategy can bite you if you are not careful. He looks at a few reasons why this strategy can be detrimental to your portfolio.
The argument, "the stock price is too high relative to earnings, therefore it's a bad investment" can be faulty. ARM Cement, dons a price-to earnings (P/E) ratio of 32.7, almost 10 times higher than its sectors P/E. Here is why I remain bullish on ARMÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s prospects going forward.
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share IndexZamara Kenya Equity Index…Zamara Kenya Equity Index…
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Plc
BankingBarclays Bank LtdBK Group PlcCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings LtdHF Group LimitedI & M Holdings PlcKenya Commercial Bank LtdNational Bank of Kenya LtdNIC Bank LtdStanbic Holdings PlcStandard Chartered Bank…
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCEveready East Africa LtdExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…
Construction and AlliedARM Cement LtdBamburi Cement LtdCrown Berger LtdEast African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group Ltd
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Home Afrika LtdKurwitu Ventures LtdOlympia Capital Holdings LtdTrans-Century Ltd
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdFlame Tree Group Holdings…Kenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd