- What's causing media stocks to dwindle?
- Surviving era of profit warnings and price losses
- Powered to fail: The paradox of big projects, excess power and high power costs
- Four Digital Trends Changing the Banking Industry
- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
Common Market Myth - You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit: For many investors, taking profits is always done with little consideration to expenses incurred and slippage. As a result, what may look like profitable positions in a portfolio, may actually yield negative returns once expenses are factored in
Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
The idea that a loss or gain isn't considered "realised" until both sides of the transaction are complete is an often repeated myth in investment circles. But is this the right way to look at things?
Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
Common Market Myths: If Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), or Domestic Institutional Investors (DIIs) are Buying, Then the Stock Must be Very good. These type of investing entities are often referred to as "smart money" and are estimated to account for as much a huge chunk of all trading activity
Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
Common Market Myths: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
Common Market Myths: Buy the Stock That Splits
Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
Common Market Myths: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
Common Market Myths: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street. In this article, I explain this maxim to see whether it is of any use to the average investor.
Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
In this article, I analyse Centum's fundamentals to illustrate the reasons why I believe in the company is undervalued and has a solid business model.
Bamburi Cement: Valuation scenarios using the dividend discount model
In this article I use the Dividend Discount Model for different valuation scenarios for Bamburi Cement. I use 2%, 4% and 8% growth rates in DPS and 10%, 12.5% and 15% in EPS to illustrate price targets under these scenarios. I also use a 10.68% rate (current 364 Treasury bill rate) to discount future projected earnings and dividends back to the present date.
Risks of Buy and Hold Strategy
In this article Rufus Mwanyasi explains the risks of buying and holding securities and how this strategy can bite you if you are not careful. He looks at a few reasons why this strategy can be detrimental to your portfolio.
< Newer Posts — 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 8 — Older posts >
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share IndexZamara Kenya Equity Index…Zamara Kenya Equity Index…
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuzi PlcKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea PlcSasini PlcWilliamson Tea Kenya Plc
BankingABSA Bank Kenya PlcBK Group PlcCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings PlcHF Group LtdI & M Holdings PlcKCB Group PlcNational Bank of Kenya LtdNCBA Group PlcStanbic Holdings PlcStandard Chartered Bank…
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PlcEveready East Africa LtdExpress Kenya PlcHomeboyz Entertainment PlcKenya Airways PlcLonghorn Publishers Plc
Construction and AlliedARM Cement PlcBamburi Cement LtdCrown Paints Kenya PlcCrown Paints Kenya (Rights)…East African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting Co.…Kenya Power and Lighting Co.…Kenya Power and Lighting…Total Kenya LtdUmeme Ltd
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Home Afrika LtdKurwitu Ventures LtdOlympia Capital Holdings LtdTrans-Century PlcTrans-Century Plc (Rights)
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya PlcBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments PlcEast African Breweries Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom Plc
Real Estate Investment TrustsLaptrust Imara Income-REITStanlib Fahari Income-REIT
Exchange Traded FundsABSA NewGold ETF