- What’s causing media stocks to dwindle?
- Surviving era of profit warnings and price losses
- Powered to fail: The paradox of big projects, excess power and high power costs
- Four Digital Trends Changing the Banking Industry
- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
The Standard Group announced its results ending 2013 seeing a 33% rise in turnover. Circulation revenue grew by 6%, print advertising recorded a 41% growth and TV advertising revenue grew by 72%. The group managed to record a 13% rise in profits before tax
Listed tea companies have faced a tough operating environment in the recent past. Unpredictable weather, uncertain market demand and falling tea prices have significantly affected sales and profitability. Nevertheless their respective market prices have continued to defy the odds to register market beating returns.
Total Kenya shares jumped 11.96% during last week's trading session to reach KES 25.75 after the oil marketer announced its full year results ending 2013. The results which showed a return to profitability saw the oil marketer post a profit before tax of KES 2.08 billion eventually bringing to an end a two year loss-making streak.
Kenya insurance companies have been reporting their 2013 full year earnings. We expected impressive performance from the insurance companies considering a favorable environment in 2013 for good returns in investments especially in equities.
Continued investments in technology-based service delivery channels such as mobile and internet banking services has enabled banks to cut on operational costs and boost efficiency.
Nairobi Securities Exchange Stock Picks - March 2014
Coop Bank reported a 17.9% rise in net profit for the year ended December 31 2013. The bank posted a profit of KES 9.1 billion up from KES 7.7 billion the previous year.
2013 saw the two listed oil firms display mixed performance at the bourse. Share prices of both firms have continued to display contrasting performance despite more or less similar fundamental performance.
Carbacid released its mid year results to January 2014. The manufacturer produced a profit of 235 compared to 264 in the first half of last financial year, a 10.98% decline.
Jubilee holdings announced their full year results for 2013. Net profits grew by 9.56% to stand at KES 2.5 billion. Gross premium revenue stood at 18 billion compared to KES 15.4bn the previous year, a 16.9% growth. Results display a company in the right growth trajectory.
Register on myStocks
IndicesFTSE NSE Kenya 15 IndexFTSE NSE Kenya 25 IndexNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share IndexZamara Kenya Equity Index…Zamara Kenya Equity Index…
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuzi PlcKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea PlcSasini Plc
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) Ltd
BankingABSA Bank Kenya PlcBK Group PlcCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings PlcHF Group LtdI & M Holdings PlcKCB Group PlcNational Bank of Kenya LtdNCBA Group PlcStanbic Holdings PlcStandard Chartered Bank…
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PlcEveready East Africa LtdExpress Kenya PlcHomeboyz Entertainment Plc
Construction and AlliedARM Cement PlcBamburi Cement LtdCrown Paints Kenya PlcCrown Paints Kenya (Rights)…East African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting Co.…Kenya Power and Lighting Co.…Kenya Power and Lighting…
InsuranceBritam Holdings PlcCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Home Afrika LtdKurwitu Ventures LtdOlympia Capital Holdings LtdTrans-Century Plc
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya PlcBritish American Tobacco…