- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
- Bamburi Cement: Valuation scenarios using the dividend discount model
- Risks of Buy and Hold Strategy
- Is ARM Cement a buy in spite of the premium valuation?
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
Common Market Myths: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street. In this article, I explain this maxim to see whether it is of any use to the average investor.
In this article, I analyse Centum's fundamentals to illustrate the reasons why I believe in the company is undervalued and has a solid business model.
In this article I use the Dividend Discount Model for different valuation scenarios for Bamburi Cement. I use 2%, 4% and 8% growth rates in DPS and 10%, 12.5% and 15% in EPS to illustrate price targets under these scenarios. I also use a 10.68% rate (current 364 Treasury bill rate) to discount future projected earnings and dividends back to the present date.
In this article Rufus Mwanyasi explains the risks of buying and holding securities and how this strategy can bite you if you are not careful. He looks at a few reasons why this strategy can be detrimental to your portfolio.
The argument, "the stock price is too high relative to earnings, therefore it's a bad investment" can be faulty. ARM Cement, dons a price-to earnings (P/E) ratio of 32.7, almost 10 times higher than its sectors P/E. Here is why I remain bullish on ARMÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s prospects going forward.
In this article we value both EABL and BAT kenya on an income generating basis.
Acquisition is expected to bolster Pan Africa Insurance returns
We're all familiar with the term "sleeping well at night." It's a broad phrase that can have many different meanings for different people.
Jubilee has shown a consistent growth in both the top and bottom line over the years, showing superior performance on majority of financial analysis metrics
The NSE expects to raise a total of KES 627 mn by issuing 66.0m new shares at a price of KES 9.50 per share. Of the total of 66.0m shares on offer, 2.5m will be reserved for employees of the NSE and the remaining 63.5m shares will be available to the public.
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE All-Share Index
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Company LtdLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Ltd
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) LtdMarshalls (E. A.) Ltd
BankingBarclays Bank LtdCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings LtdHF Group LimitedI & M Holdings LimitedKenya Commercial Bank LtdNational Bank of Kenya LtdNIC Bank LtdStanbic Holdings LtdStandard Chartered Bank Ltd
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…Nation Media GroupStandard Group LtdTPS Eastern Africa (Serena)…
Construction and AlliedARM Cement LtdBamburi Cement LtdCrown Berger LtdEast African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdEveready East Africa LtdKenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom Ltd
Growth Enterprise MarketAtlas African Industries…Flame Tree Group Holdings…