- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
- Bamburi Cement: Valuation scenarios using the dividend discount model
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
Jubilee has shown a consistent growth in both the top and bottom line over the years, showing superior performance on majority of financial analysis metrics
The NSE expects to raise a total of KES 627 mn by issuing 66.0m new shares at a price of KES 9.50 per share. Of the total of 66.0m shares on offer, 2.5m will be reserved for employees of the NSE and the remaining 63.5m shares will be available to the public.
TPS Eastern Africa Limited posted its group results for the year ending 31st December 2013 which showed a remarkable improvement in profitability. Profits after tax rose by 35.4% to KES 668.5 million from KES 493.5 million due to an ongoing implementation of its diversification policy and strategy that has seen it extend its marketing and sales efforts to non-traditional markets.
Transcentury posted its annual results for the year ending 2013 revealing a tumultuous year that saw its revenues drop 12.6% to KES 11.8 billion from KES 13.5 billion. The investment group notably disposed of its entire 34% shareholding in Kenya-Uganda Railways netting KES 3.88 billion in sale proceeds possibly to be invested in new high growth areas
Umeme took over the distribution system for the distribution and supply of electricity in Uganda from Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) under the Concession for a period of 20 years, commencing 1 March 2005. Under the Concession, Umeme is also required to repair, upgrade, and expand the Distribution System within Uganda
Equity Bank reported its first quarter results for 2014 which showed a 20.8% rise in profits before tax to KES 5.4 billion from KES 4.47 billion recorded in a similar period in 2013 owing to improved lending as a result of drop in lending rates
The Standard Group announced its results ending 2013 seeing a 33% rise in turnover. Circulation revenue grew by 6%, print advertising recorded a 41% growth and TV advertising revenue grew by 72%. The group managed to record a 13% rise in profits before tax
Listed tea companies have faced a tough operating environment in the recent past. Unpredictable weather, uncertain market demand and falling tea prices have significantly affected sales and profitability. Nevertheless their respective market prices have continued to defy the odds to register market beating returns.
Total Kenya shares jumped 11.96% during last week's trading session to reach KES 25.75 after the oil marketer announced its full year results ending 2013. The results which showed a return to profitability saw the oil marketer post a profit before tax of KES 2.08 billion eventually bringing to an end a two year loss-making streak.
Kenya insurance companies have been reporting their 2013 full year earnings. We expected impressive performance from the insurance companies considering a favorable environment in 2013 for good returns in investments especially in equities.
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share Index
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Plc
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) Ltd
BankingBarclays Bank LtdCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings LtdHF Group LimitedI & M Holdings LimitedKenya Commercial Bank LtdNational Bank of Kenya LtdNIC Bank LtdStanbic Holdings LtdStandard Chartered Bank Ltd
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…Nation Media Group PlcStandard Group LtdTPS Eastern Africa (Serena)…
Construction and AlliedARM Cement LtdBamburi Cement LtdCrown Berger LtdEast African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdEveready East Africa LtdFlame Tree Group Holdings…Kenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom PLC