- Four Digital Trends Changing the Banking Industry
- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
The yield on the 91-day Treasury Bill continued its upward trajectory, reaching a rate of 3.52% at the latest auction. The rise has been somewhat muted as a number of banks have opted to invest in 91-day Treasury bills and give other maturities a miss, until the market is seen to have stabilized. This has resulted in a sharper increase at the longer end of the yield curves.
Total Kenya Limited is a Kenya-based company, which is principally engaged in the sale of petroleum products. Total Kenya Limited is part of the Total Group, the 4th largest oil and gas company in the world operating in over 100 countries throughout the world. The Company has four business channels: Network, General Trade, Aviation, and Export and Bulk.
Kenol Kobil Limited is engaged in the importation of crude oil for refining, trading, storage and distribution of refined and other petroleum products. The Company offers fuel products (both white and black), lubricants, LPG, and non-fuel goods like mobile phone scratch cards, tyres and car batteries, among others. Kenol Kobil operates in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia and Ethiopia.
I & M Bank is a leading private sector bank in Kenya, and has its footprint in Mauritius and Tanzania. Bank One Ltd, a commercial bank in Mauritius where I & M Bank has a 50% stake and increased regional presence through acquisition of CF Union Bank Ltd, now called I & M Bank (T) in Tanzania.
In order to give effect to its changed monetary policy stance, the Central Bank also resumed Repo transactions as part of its Open Market Operations after a gap of almost two years. We expect the Central Bank to regularly carry out repo transactions as part of its Open Market Operations in the next few months.
Kenyan interest rates have been on a declining pattern since December 2008, and reached a low during the month of July 2010. Since then rates there has been a mild upward correction in rates.
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share Index
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Plc
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) Ltd
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCEveready East Africa LtdExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…Nation Media Group PlcSameer Africa LtdStandard Group LtdTPS Eastern Africa (Serena)…
Construction and AlliedARM Cement LtdBamburi Cement LtdCrown Berger LtdEast African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdFlame Tree Group Holdings…Kenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom Plc
Real Estate Investment Trusts