- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
- Bamburi Cement: Valuation scenarios using the dividend discount model
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
Atlas Development Support Services is an African focused support services and logistics company with established offices across East Africa as well as Liberia. The company provides support service solutions to various sectors including oil & gas, mining, construction, NGOs and the Government. It is cross listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM, and the Growth Enterprise Market Segment of the Nairobi Securities Exchange
Equity Bank Group operates in five geographical markets: Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its intrinsic value ranges between KES 49.46 to of KES 55.32. Its achievements, leadership and strategies continue to propel it as a bank worth investing in
KenGen is the leading electric-power generation company in Kenya, producing about 80 percent of electricity consumed in the country. Analysts forecast its share price at around KES 13.32 compared to the current market price of Ksh 7.80. Here is why we would invest in this stock with a long term view.
The common market myth that evaluating a company and evaluating a stock is the same thing is a misconception. At face value this may seem to be fairly logical, but on close scrutiny, there is a great deal of difference between evaluating a stock and evaluating a company.
According to research carried out by various investment analysts, the intrinsic value of the Safaricom share ranges between KES 18.67 to KES 20.69. A consensus forecast survey carried out by 16 polled investment analysts covering Safaricom Limited concluded that the company may outperform the market.
Common Market Myths - Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact: This myth implies that an investor privy to the hottest and most important rumours that move the markets attains a special position within the financial world
Common Market Myth - You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit: For many investors, taking profits is always done with little consideration to expenses incurred and slippage. As a result, what may look like profitable positions in a portfolio, may actually yield negative returns once expenses are factored in
The idea that a loss or gain isn't considered "realised" until both sides of the transaction are complete is an often repeated myth in investment circles. But is this the right way to look at things?
Common Market Myths: If Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), or Domestic Institutional Investors (DIIs) are Buying, Then the Stock Must be Very good. These type of investing entities are often referred to as "smart money" and are estimated to account for as much a huge chunk of all trading activity
Common Market Myths: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
Register on myStocks
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Company LtdLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Ltd
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) LtdCMC Holdings LtdSameer Africa Ltd
BankingBarclays Bank Ltd
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…Nation Media GroupStandard Group LtdTPS Eastern Africa (Serena)…Uchumi Supermarket LtdWPP ScanGroup Ltd
Construction and Allied
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Home Afrika Ltd
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdEveready East Africa LtdFlame Tree Group Holdings…Kenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom Ltd
Real Estate Investment TrustsStanlib Fahari Income-REIT