- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
- Bamburi Cement: Valuation scenarios using the dividend discount model
- Risks of Buy and Hold Strategy
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
Nairobi Securities Exchange Stock Picks - March 2014
Coop Bank reported a 17.9% rise in net profit for the year ended December 31 2013. The bank posted a profit of KES 9.1 billion up from KES 7.7 billion the previous year.
2013 saw the two listed oil firms display mixed performance at the bourse. Share prices of both firms have continued to display contrasting performance despite more or less similar fundamental performance.
Carbacid released its mid year results to January 2014. The manufacturer produced a profit of 235 compared to 264 in the first half of last financial year, a 10.98% decline.
Jubilee holdings announced their full year results for 2013. Net profits grew by 9.56% to stand at KES 2.5 billion. Gross premium revenue stood at 18 billion compared to KES 15.4bn the previous year, a 16.9% growth. Results display a company in the right growth trajectory.
EA Cables released its final year results on Friday 14th March. The net profit stood at KES 398 million, a 23.7% drop in profits compared to KES 522 million the company made the previous year. The company saw a 5% increase in revenue in the year under review but was weighed down by an increase in operational expenditure.
KCB group reported a profit of 15 billion Kenya shillings for the year 2013 marking a 17% increase in profit before tax. The bank has maintained its position as the most profitable bank in the region.
CIC Insurance released its 2013 year end results which registered a marginal rise in profitability. Profits before tax stood at KES 1.67 billion, up 1.3% from KES 1.64 billion in 2012 due to increase in claims incurred and operating expenses.
Britam reported a profit of KES 3.2 billion up from 2.8 billion in the previous year, heralding a growth of 12.2% in the year. The good news was translated into dividends as the company announced a dividend of KES 0.25 per share.
Kapchorua Tea posted an 18.9% jump in profitability in 2013 to stand at KES 180 million from KES 78 million. Sales dropped marginally to KES 1.35 billion from KES 1.4 billion due to declining tea prices and increasing production in the period. Its stock price has remained robust, up 28% year-to-date and 132% since 2008.
Register on myStocks
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Company LtdLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Ltd
Automobiles and AccessoriesCar and General (K) LtdMarshalls (E. A.) LtdSameer Africa Ltd
BankingBarclays Bank Ltd
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…Nation Media GroupStandard Group LtdTPS Eastern Africa (Serena)…Uchumi Supermarket LtdWPP ScanGroup Ltd
Construction and Allied
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group LtdJubilee Holdings LtdKenya Re-Insurance…Liberty Kenya Holdings LtdSanlam Kenya Plc
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Olympia Capital Holdings Ltd
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdEveready East Africa LtdKenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd
Telecommunication and Tech…Safaricom Ltd
Growth Enterprise MarketAtlas African Industries…Flame Tree Group Holdings…Home Afrika LtdKurwitu Ventures Ltd