- Four Digital Trends Changing the Banking Industry
- Silver lining in the Safaricom split narrative
- Equity Bank is strong but with an Achilles heel
- Safaricom: Value Investing Against Bear Runs
- PesaLink: the silver lining in bank stocks
- Ditch that Merry-Go-Round Club Now
- Weak shilling, subdued market, great opportunity!
- Investing Through NSE Bear Runs
- Is there Hope for Kenya Airways?
- REITS 101: A Premier on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The Leading Supplier of CO2 in East Africa
- Atlas Development Support Services - Why Ethiopia?
- A brief on Equity Group Holdings
- The Potential of Kengen
- Part 9: Being a Good Company Does'nt Mean Being a Good Stock
- Why you should accumulate Safaricom shares
- Part 8: Buy the Rumour, Sell the Fact
- Part 7: You Can't Go Broke Taking a Profit
- Part 6: A Paper Loss Is Not a Loss
- Part 5: If Institutional Investors are Buying, Then The Stock Must Be a very Good
- Part 4: Cut Your Losses and Let Your Profits Run.
- Part 3: Buy the Stock That Splits
- Part 2: The Stock Market Rises as the Bond Market Falls
- Part 1: Buy When There Is Blood on the Street
- Centum: Potential Upside with a Price Target of KES 142.67
myStocks Blog & Market Commentary
The financial sector has evolved over the years with new technologies being introduced in the industry. In Kenya competition on who comes up with the next best application is changing our view of banks.
A split means that telephone services are offered by one firm while financial services are offered by another. It will empower m-pesa to fight competition, capture larger markets and deliver value
Equity bank is the largest bank in Kenya by customer deposits and the best bank in the world in terms of return on assets. Its success came from strategy to go for the bottom of the pyramid. The greatest threat to equity Bank is poor customer service, but it still is a strong investment destination
If you bought Safaricom shares 5 years ago, you have made a return of close to 600%. Even in the face of competition and split recommendations due to alleged dominance, the company has continued to outperform and is currently by market capitalization, bigger than the combination of all Kenyan banks plus EABL!
For the longest time the Kenyan banks have been the port of call for investors; they were profitable, resilient, and stable and the price gains were attractive. This was especially true for the 6 leading banks. However, for the last three years it seems the fellowship of the gold standard has been haunted by new demons. Have the Kenyan banks lost their shine?
Beyond your emergency fund, you should not put money that you don't plan on using in the near future into a bank savings accounts or merry-go-round scheme since they can't even keep up with inflation. The "rule of 72" offers a simplified way to calculate how long your investment will take to double, given a known annual rate of return.
Interestingly, there are some foreign investors who are waiting for the market to bottom out so they can take full advantage of the bear. Well, Africans only slaughter when the visitors come, so let them. But make sure you are in when the meat is being distributed.
Intelligent investors are busy purchasing stocks now, such that when the market recovers, their portfolio averages will be low enough to start gaining earlier than their counterparts who are waiting to start buying when the hype about markets rebound hits the mainstream news channels.
Kenya Airways' increase in operating costs has led to reduced margins with costs associated with leasing aircrafts and outsourcing services highlighted as the main problem. What is being done to overturn this situation?
REITs are transforming how people are investing especially in the real estate sector around the world. Ultimately, the successful performance of the REITs to a large extent depends on the ability of the owners/agents to successfully operate the underlying properties
Register on myStocks
IndicesNSE 20-Share IndexNSE 25-Share IndexNSE All-Share IndexZamara Kenya Equity Index…Zamara Kenya Equity Index…
AgriculturalEaagads LtdKakuziKapchorua Tea Kenya PlcLimuru Tea Company LtdSasini Tea and Coffee LtdWilliamson Tea Kenya Plc
BankingBarclays Bank LtdBK Group PlcCo-operative Bank of Kenya…Diamond Trust Bank Kenya LtdEquity Group Holdings LtdHF Group LimitedI & M Holdings PlcKenya Commercial Bank LtdNational Bank of Kenya LtdNIC Bank LtdStanbic Holdings PlcStandard Chartered Bank…
Commercial and ServicesDeacons (East Africa) PLCEveready East Africa LtdExpress LtdKenya Airways LtdLonghorn Kenya LtdNairobi Business Ventures…
Construction and AlliedARM Cement LtdBamburi Cement LtdCrown Berger LtdEast African Cables LtdEast African Portland Cement…
Energy and PetroleumKenolKobil LtdKenya Electricity Generating…Kenya Power and Lighting LtdTotal Kenya LtdUmeme Limited
InsuranceBritam Holdings LtdCIC Insurance Group Ltd
InvestmentCentum Investment Company…Home Afrika LtdKurwitu Ventures LtdOlympia Capital Holdings LtdTrans-Century Ltd
Investment ServicesNairobi Securities Exchange…
Manufacturing and AlliedBOC Kenya LtdBritish American Tobacco…Carbacid Investments LtdEast African Breweries LtdFlame Tree Group Holdings…Kenya Orchards LtdMumias Sugar Company LtdUnga Group Ltd